If you are looking for something that will get the hedge trimming done in minimum time then the Bosch AHS 50-20 LI trimmer might be for you. This is the epitome of what a cordless trimmer should be, with easy to use functions and a wealth of features that make cutting a breeze.
It features a lightweight design and is suitable for cutting medium sized hedges with a cutting ability, in terms of branch thickness, of up to 2.5cm. But what really stands out for me about this one is that it comes with a battery and charger that can be shared across the entire Bosch Home and Garden range, which is always a huge plus point.
The Bosch AHS 50-20 LI cordless hedge trimmer boasts a very impressive cutting ability and will easily tackle branches measuring up to 25mm. This makes it ideal for most average jobs and perfectly suited to domestic use. However, this is far from the most exciting thing about its performance.
This hedge trimmer features an anti-block blade. What this essentially means is that should the branch not be cut on the first pass, rather than affecting the motion of the blades, they will automatically cut in the opposite direction. This allows for interruption-free cutting that is almost effortless.
- The Bosch AHS 50-20 LI hedge trimmer comes with an 18v lithium-ion battery, that will deliver up to 200m² cutting before it needs recharging. What’s more, when the juice does eventually drain, giving it a boost to 100% takes a mere 60 minutes!
- There is a handy blade guard, which allows you to cut along pathways, walls, fences and any other obstacles without any issue.
- Bosch appears to have kept in mind that not all hedges are the same, and indeed, not all users are the same. To this end, the cutter includes a multi-position handle that will adjust to suit how you want to cut. This allows you to cut up high or at awkward angles, ensuring that no part of the hedge is left looking unkempt.
- As I mentioned earlier, this hedge trimmer comes with a battery that can be used across the Bosch Home and Garden range. If you’ve already got a selection of these tools then the inclusion of a battery and charger will add to your collection. Conversely, if you’re just starting out with the brand, having these things included in the box is a massive plus.
- The blade teeth are set at 20mm intervals and the blade width measures in at 5mm, this is conducive with the 2.5cm cutting width. Blade length is 50cm.
- Weighing just 2.5kg, this hedge trimmer is ideal for people who are looking for a lightweight gardening solution. Like most cordless models, the lack of a petrol motor means that the tool is easier, quieter and safer to handle, even if your strength is lacking.
Much like many purchases, the Bosch AHS 50-20 LI hedge cutter comes with a standard 30-day return period. This should give you plenty of time to figure out whether the tool is right for your needs. However, in addition to this, you will also get a three-year warranty from the manufacturer included with your purchase. Just remember to register your product, otherwise the warranty will not be valid.
At a snip over £120, you can’t complain that this hedge trimmer is overpriced; but is it worth the money? As a middle of the road tool, I feel that you are getting a decent bang for your buck. Not only is this an efficient piece of equipment, but it also has some nice features that mean it should cost more than it does.
For example, the inclusion of the battery and charger would typically boost the cost significantly. Furthermore, since these can be used with your other Bosch tools, you’re getting an even better deal.
Bosch AHS 50-20 LI Video
Pro And Cons
Bosch AHS 50-20 LI User Manual
Who Should Buy This Model?
This Bosch hedge trimmer is a great value model for people who are looking for a no-nonsense tool that will allow them to quickly and efficiently prune their garden. It is also a great choice for people who need something lightweight and easy to use. Thanks to the addition of the multi-position handle, you won’t ever find yourself struggling or feeling uncomfortable while using this tool.
- Syneon Chip - effectively controlled energy for every project, Optimal balance and low weight for effortless hedge cutting
- Battery pack PBA 18 V 2.0 Ah W-B (1 600 A00 5B0), Compact quick charger AL 1830 CV (1 600 A00 5B4)
- Softgrip on the rear handle, multi-position front handle and transparent hand guard
- Special teeth at the front of the blade easily cut branches up to 25 mm in diameter
- Anti-Blocking system ensures continuous cutting performance
Last update on 2023-12-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Not sure about this Cordless Hedge Trimmer? Click here for more Cordless Hedge Trimmer reviews.
As a seasoned expert in the field of garden power tools, I have dedicated over a decade to working with and reviewing a wide variety of lawn mowers. My extensive experience has allowed me to gain a deep understanding of the benefits and limitations of different types of mowers and garden tools.
Over the years, I have honed my skills in writing informative articles and creating helpful videos for various blogs and publications. This has given me the ability to not only recognise what makes a good lawn mower, but also to help you choose the perfect garden tool for your specific needs and requirements.
With my wealth of knowledge and expertise, I am confident that I can provide you with valuable insights and recommendations when it comes to selecting the right lawn mower for your lawn. So, whether you're looking for a battery cordless, electric, petrol, or robotic mower, you can trust in my expertise to guide you towards the best option for your garden.