- Lightweight, one of the lightest corded electric mowers you can find for this level of power.
- The central height lever improves the safety and ease of altering the deck height.
- Side grass combs to bring in the grass to the blade.
- Foam grip on the handrail to absorb vibrations.
- The plastic deck will gouge and weaken over the years with exposure to the Sun.
- Small front wheels are likely to dig into a damp lawn when weighted down with grass.
The Webb WEER33 is from the respected and trusted British brand Webb. This model has a 33cm blade and a 1300-watt electric motor. There is a single lever height of cut adjustment from 25mm to 65mm. The WEER36 is supplied with a 35 litre grass collection box, 10 metre power cable, foldable handles and is as easy to store as it is to use.
The WEER33 is a 1300-watts corded electric lawn mower — suitable for small to medium-sized lawns. A 33-centimetre steel blade does the cutting, while various extras help to improve the cut of the grass. There is a central height adjustment lever — and a large grass box on the mower to collect the clippings.
- Rating: 9.4/10
- For Lawns of up to 350m²
- Blade Length: 33cm
- Weight: 8.8 Kg
- Number of Cutting Height: 5 (25mm – 65mm)
- Grass Box Capacity: 35 L
- Power: 1300 Watts
- Cable Length: 10 m
- Central Height Adjustment
- Folding Handle
The Webb WEER33 uses a 1300-watt electric motor to spin the blades, which is fine for a smaller garden or a machine with a short blade such as this one. And there is an obvious weight saving advantage from using a lighter weight motor.
This machine weighs in at 8.8 kilograms. A less powerful motor has less torque, and it needs fewer plastic supports to keep it in place. The motor also weighs less, and this means that the mower needs fewer front weights to balance it out. This makes this mower very manoeuvrable around obstacles around the lawn such as flower beds and makes it light enough for easy transportation.
Webb WEER33 Video
To give you a visual representation of this Webb WEER33 mower, see the video below.
The WEER33 has a regular lifting mower blade from Webb, but this blade does not mulch. The operator can choose from, collecting the clippings into the grass box, or have the clippings discharge from the rear of the machine.
The rear wheels are larger than the front wheels, which helps with the control when the grass box begins to fill up. Though the front wheels are small and can get bogged down as the box becomes more grass laden.
This model uses a 33-centimetre steel blade that will spin at 3700 revolutions per minute without load. The operator can sharpen these blades, and Webb makes replacements, as do some third-party vendors.
The Webb replacement blades are slightly more expensive than comparable blades from other manufacturers. But, if you decide to use a third-party blade on any brand of mower, you will void the warranty if something happens.
There is a single height-settings lever — behind the lawnmower’s left-front wheel. This lever controls the height of all four wheels and keeps the deck, and blade level to the grass. There are 5 settings on the lever, which varies the height from 2.5 centimetres and will raise it to 6.5 centimetres.
The cutting diameter is 33 centimetres, equating to 0.33 square metres per rotation. And in combination with the powerful 1300-watt motor, you should be able to walk at normal speed and still be able to cut all the grass on the first pass.
Grass Box Capacity
This mower has a 35-litre grass box, suitable for a small to medium-sized lawn. Though it may take a couple of trips to empty it if you are attacking a lawn at the larger end of the scale. The box consists of a solid plastic top and mesh bag on the underside.
The plastic top has a large handle to make removing it from the back of the mower easier. And there is a fill indicator on the top of the lid, which stays flat when the box is full. The mesh fabric makes the box quick and easy to store and also helps with the flow of grass from the blade to the box.
As with all part fabric grass collection boxes, the material is prone to damage, particularly if you have thorny hedges or rose bushes around the lawn. Having said that, the fabric is good quality and will have the benefits explained above.
- The handrail assembly folds in two, with release bolts to help secure it in position. At the bottom of the handrail, where the rail meets the lawn mower, there are two quick-release buttons. These buttons enable the user to lift the handrail off the mower and store it elsewhere.
- The handrail also has a foam grip to absorb some of the vibrations that travel up from the main deck.
- The throttle is on the righthand side of the machine, so lefties may find this uncomfortable.
- A collapsible folding grass box is easier to store than taking apart and reassembling a box.
- A central height lever is essential to safety, but it is on the front wheel. This means the operator still needs to venture out from the rear of the machine to change the level.
- Grass combs are a great idea. And this mower has a comb on each side, to pull in more grass on each cut, and also grass from the edge of a wall.
- This is one of the lightest electric mowers, perfect for those that prefer to put it up on a shelf rather than taking up floor space.
- There is a small button on the main control box, which needs pressing in order to release the throttle. If you release the throttle, the button reactivates, and the motor stops. Though even without power, the blade will continue to spin from its momentum for a few seconds, and there is no auto braking.
- If the mower hits a tough patch of grass for extended periods, or the blade hit something solid, there is an automated switch will shut the motor down until it has had time to cool off, this will prevent the motor overheating and damaging the motor.
- The cable is class II IPX4 double insulated, but the rest of the mower is not.
There is no roller or striper for the Webb WEER33. As with all mowers, there are third-party options out there with universal brackets.
Though, for this size of a lawn mower, it would be impractical to add something extra like a roller. Instead, it is better to get a separate manual roller if you are desperate for stripes.
This mower does not mulch, but you can choose to have the clippings exit through the rear of the machine by leaving the grass box off. The blade does a good job of cutting the grass up nice and small, but not to the same level as a mulching blade.
And of course, a mulching blade would also spray the clippings outwards, which this mower does not.
Webb WEER33 Lawn Mower User Manual
You can download the Webb WEER33 Lawn Mower user manual guide here.
What’s Included in the Box?
- Webb MEER33 Mower
- 35-Litre Grass Box
- 10 Metre Cable
- Instruction Manual
Pros and Cons
Should You Buy This Model – Verdict
Five cutting heights are more than what you would expect from a mower of this size. The main issue is the position of the lever that changes the deck height. It would be easier for the operator if the height lever was at the back or in the middle of the machine. This is not such a big issue, it’s just that levers mounted more central to the mower are easier to adjust, besides you will be only be adjusting the height occasionally.
The power of the motor is again fine on this Webb WEER33, compared to the size of the blade, and taking into consideration the size of the lawn this mower is designed for. Small wheels are always going to be a weak spot, though the rear wheels are much larger and will provide sufficient grip.
Foam on the handrail is essential for control and to soak up some of the vibrations. And it will not apply to everyone, having an exclusive throttle on the right, excludes those lefties out there. Yes, the Webb WEER33 mower is not packed with bells and whistles, but it is a good, compact, budget lawn mower that will get the job done with no complications or fuss.
Where Should I Purchase This Model?
- COMPACT AND EASY TO MANOUEVRE LAWN MOWER FOR MEDIUM LAWNS – weighing just 11.5kg this lightweight mower has a wide 36cm cutting area to quickly and easily mow a small to medium lawn and leave it looking immaculate
- POWERFUL 1600W MOTOR - with a long 10 metre mains lead for excellent freedom of movement
- 5 CUTTING HEIGHTS – simply raise the single lever to lower the blade for cutting all lengths of grass from 20mm to 70mm
- LARGE BAG NEEDS EMPTYING LESS OFTEN – mesh design makes for a better airflow so the generous 45 litre bag fills up completely before it needs emptying, which means you have fewer trips to the compost heap and finish your mowing in less time
- GENUINE PRODUCT FROM AN ESTABLISHED BRITISH BRAND – Webb has a long-standing reputation for superior quality products that are simple to use and easy to maintain, and it has a large UK-based customer service team ready to help with any aftercare issues
Last update on 2021-07-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Webb WEER33 FAQs
What type of blade does the Webb WEER33 have?
36cm Steel Blade.
How long is the warranty on the Webb WEER33?
Can you use the Webb WEER33 without the grass collection box?
Yes, it will then rear discharge the cuttings.
Does the Webb WEER33 have a rear roller?
Not sure about this mower? Click here to see more Corded Electric Lawn Mower Reviews.
Webb WEER33 ER33 Additional Specifications
|Cutting height steps||5|
|Cutting height max||65mm|
|Cutting height min||25mm|
|Cutting height adjustment||Central Lever|
|Typical Charging Time||N/A|
|Typical Mowing Time||N/A|
|Right or left start switch||Right|
|Battery power indicator||N/A|
|Grass bag filling indicator||No|